Research at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna
Research at the UAS BFI Vienna
Research findings generated by UAS BFI Vienna are a driver for innovations, and are also essential for:
- making an authoritative contribution to academic discourse related to the university’s research focuses,
- shaping discussions in society and playing a part in developing workable solutions to contemporary challenges, and
- high-quality teaching based on strong scientific foundations.
Research at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna is:
- independent and geared towards generating scientific knowledge,
- practice-led thanks to a focus on application-based research and development commissioned by or carried out in collaboration with businesses and institutions,
- innovative and gives rise to new insights and approaches,
- interdisciplinary in addressing research topics as a result of collaboration between degree programmes and subject areas,
- international, with a focus on relevant international topics and issues, coupled with participation in international research networks.
The various research fields, subject areas, degree programmes and competence centres ensure continuity in research at UAS BFI Vienna, which in turn consolidates the university’s strong roots in the scientific community.
As a university focused on business, our research and development activities concentrate primarily on the following five specific research fields:
- New Work, New Business
Each degree programme also specifies its own research focuses and targets, which reflect the programme’s skills profile and potential graduate career paths, and support the transfer of knowledge to teaching activities, and to businesses and institutions (see also degree programmes’ R&D strategies).
We are committed to being an active member of the regional, national and international research communities, with a focus on Europe and emerging markets, and to promoting international research activities.
Research Strategy of the UAS BFI Vienna (2019)
Research Strategy UAS BFI Vienna 2019 Download icon(pdf 165.905 KB)
Ombudsman Service for Good Scientific Practice
As a member of the Agentur für wissenschaftliche Integrität (Austrian Agency for Research Integrity, OeAWI; http://www.oeawi.at/), we are committed to reporting cases of serious academic misconduct to the agency, and to further enhancing our academic quality controls. Additionally, in 2016 the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna set up the Ombudsman Service for Good Scientific Practice to provide a point of contact for reporting instances of academic misconduct by full-time teaching and research staff as well as students. The Ombudsman Service is part of the university’s R&D quality circle.
Praxisleitfaden für Integrität und Ethik in der Wissenschaft (BMBWF 2020) (in German)
Praxisleitfaden für Integrität und Ethik in der Wissenschaft Stand 29 9 2020 Final Download icon(pdf 585.681 KB)