Research at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna
Research at the UAS BFI Vienna
Research findings generated by UAS BFI Vienna are a driver for innovations, and are also essential for:
- making an authoritative contribution to academic discourse related to the university’s research focuses,
- shaping discussions in society and playing a part in developing workable solutions to contemporary challenges, and
- high-quality teaching based on strong scientific foundations.
Research at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna is:
- independent and geared towards generating scientific knowledge,
- practice-led thanks to a focus on application-based research and development commissioned by or carried out in collaboration with businesses and institutions,
- innovative and gives rise to new insights and approaches,
- interdisciplinary in addressing research topics as a result of collaboration between degree programmes and subject areas,
- international, with a focus on relevant international topics and issues, coupled with participation in international research networks.
The various research fields, subject areas, degree programmes and competence centres ensure continuity in research at UAS BFI Vienna, which in turn consolidates the university’s strong roots in the scientific community.
As a university focused on business, our research and development activities concentrate primarily on the following five specific research fields:
- New Work, New Business
Each degree programme also specifies its own research focuses and targets, which reflect the programme’s skills profile and potential graduate career paths, and support the transfer of knowledge to teaching activities, and to businesses and institutions (see also degree programmes’ R&D strategies).
We are committed to being an active member of the regional, national and international research communities, with a focus on Europe and emerging markets, and to promoting international research activities.
Cooperation with companies and institutions
Partnerships with companies and institutions form the basis for practical, innovative and application-driven research. We engage in mutually beneficial collaboration with our partners in a variety of ways:
- In connection with bachelor papers and master theses
- Projects within degree programmes
- Research projects
- Workshops and expert meetings
- Advertising and sponsorship
We would also be delighted to have you as one of our partners. If you are interested in collaborating with us in an innovative, interdisciplinary and international environment, please contact email@example.com.
Ombudsstelle zur Sicherung guter wissenschaftlicher Praxis
Wir bekennen uns durch unsere Mitgliedschaft bei der Agentur für wissenschaftliche Integrität (OeAWI) (→ http://www.oeawi.at/) dazu, gravierende Fälle wissenschaftlichen Fehlverhaltens an die Agentur zu melden und die wissenschaftliche Qualitätskontrolle weiterzuentwickeln. Zudem hat die FH des BFI Wien 2016 eine Ombudsstelle zur Sicherung guter wissenschaftlicher Praxis gegründet, die Anlaufstelle für wissenschaftliches Fehlverhalten – sowohl von Studierenden als auch des hauptberuflichen Lehr- und Forschungspersonals – ist. Die Ombudsstelle ist im Gremium „F&E-Qualitätszirkel“ der FH des BFI Wien angesiedelt.