Application and admission
Application and admission
Your application in 6 steps
1. Note the application deadlines
- 1 October - 15 May: Application period for EU/EEA citizens and applicants
- 1 October - 30 April: Application period for non-EU/EEA citizens and applicants
2. Register on our application portal
3. You will be emailed your personal access code.
4. Select your desired degree programme
5. Fill in all fields and upload all necessary documents
6. Submit your application
If you meet one of these admission requirements for the bachelor programme, nothing more stands in the way of your application:
- Austrian or foreign secondary school-leaving certificate or
- Vocational matriculation qualification (“Berufsreifeprüfung”) or
- University entrance qualification exam (“Studienberechtigungsprüfung”) for social and business studies or
- A foreign certificate that is equivalent to one of these Austrian certificates or
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship or a relevant school for intermediate vocational education plus supplementary exams.
Please check the respective degree programme site to find out what requirements you need to meet for a master's degree programme.
Admission test for your desired degree programme
The admission test takes place online between March and June. As soon as we have checked your application and you meet the admission requirements, we will inform you by e-mail that you can now book your test date yourself via the application portal.The admission procedure for master degree programmes consists of an online admission test and an oral part, which can take the form of an interview, presentation or other suitable form. You will be invited to this by e-mail after completing the test.
The preparation documents will be made available to you at the end of January/beginning of February on our website on the page of the respective degree programme.
Study place confirmation or place in the waiting list
We inform our best applicants at an early stage that we would like to offer them a place on the degree programme (early May or early June). Even if you do not receive a study place confirmation, you still have a chance to study at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna: The final ranking will be made at the end of June/beginning of July and all applicants will be informed by e-mail about their admission or a place on the waiting list at the latest.
Your education contract
Your education contract as well as information on transferring the student fee (EUR 363.36 per semester) and the Austrian Students Union fee (EUR 22.70 per semester) will be emailed to you a few days after we have confirmed your place. After signing your education contract, scan it in its entirety and upload it via a link that you will receive from us. Your place is confirmed when the signed education contract has been uploaded and the tuition fee has been transferred by the deadline. You have 14 days to do this.
Applicants with disabilities or chronic diseases
We highly value a barrier-free access to the institution and our degree programmes. If you want us to accommodate your special needs during your admission procedure, remember to contact our Gender & Diversity Officer Marion Rosshap in time, please.
Do you still have questions?
Our Infopoint will also be happy to help you: email@example.com
All information for applicants without a secondary school leaving certificate
All information for international applicants