Studying without a secondary school leaving certificate (Matura)
Enrolling on a bachelor programme without a secondary school leaving certificate
Ensuring permeability in the education system is important to us. In our role as a university specialising in economics, management and finance, we are committed to taking the lead in this regard. We offer applicants who do not have a secondary school leaving certificate ideal conditions for enrolling on bachelor programmes, thereby enhancing the permeability of the education system (see section 4 of the Austrian Fachhochschul-Studiengesetz [University of Applied Sciences Studies Act]).
Requirements for enrolling on a degree programme
You have completed a subject-relevant apprenticeship or have graduated from a school for intermediate vocational education? Then you can also apply, and need to take supplementary exams in English and mathematics during the admission procedure (for the Logistics and Transport Management bachelor programme, an additional exam in German is also required). The necessary written and oral exams will be offered in the summer semester at the UAS BFI Vienna. The exact exam dates will soon be published.
We accept the following as proof of related vocational qualifications:
- Graduation from a college for higher vocational education lasting at least three years (e.g. Handelsschule [commercial school])
- At least three years of training on an apprenticeship in a category related to the occupational profile of the degree programme
- German higher education entrance qualification in a business subject
Examination dates August 2020
- English: Monday, 24th of August 2020
- Mathematics: Tuesday, 25th of August 2020
- German: Wednesday, 26th of August 2020
If you have any questions, just get in touch...
If you have any questions regarding the subject-relevance of a qualification or have certificates which are not covered by any of the rules mentioned, please contact our Admission Office, and take your certificates along to the appointment with the office.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you every success for the admission procedure and the supplementary exams that provide proof of the required additional qualifications.