Studying without a secondary school leaving certificate (Matura)
Studying without a secondary school leaving certificate
The world of work has been changing considerably over the past few decades. Having decided on a particular career is thus not a one-way street anymore, and there are many new career opportunities if you are seeking one: more and more people benefit from this development when they seek new career opportunities. In order to support you on your career path, UAS BFI Vienna offers you the possibility to study for a bachelor degree without a secondary school-leaving certificate. We would now like to explain to you how you can start your studies without a school-leaving certificate.
Studying without a secondary school-leaving certificate
Studying at UAS BFI Vienna without a school-leaving certificate? This is how it’s done: I you want to apply for one of our bachelor programmes, you only need to provide proof of your programme-relevant professional qualification, and depending on the degree programme, pass supplementary exams in mathematics, English, or German.
Proof of your programme-relevant professional qualification
There are some options
- School-leaving certificate of an at least three-year school for intermediate vocational education (e.g. an Austrian Handelsschule)
- Completing an at least three-year apprenticeship which is oriented towards the career options of the degree programme envisaged
- Completing a German university of applied sciences with a focus on business and economics (i.e. Deutsche Fachhochschulreife)
- Swiss National Vocational Qualification with a commercial focus (NVQ)
If you pass supplementary exams at UAS BFI Vienna, you obtain the admission requirement for a specific degree programme at our university. Whether this is then also recognised by another university, remains to be clarified with the specific institution.
The exams are held online, and consist of both written and oral parts.
BFI Vienna offers voluntary courses in mathematics and English, which will prime and prepare you for the supplementary exams.
UAS BFI Vienna offers exams each March and June, when the supplementary exams can be taken for free. A missed or failed exam can be retaken the next year.
Three steps to studying at UAS BFI Vienna
- You submit your online application for the degree programme chosen
- You will be informed as to which supplementary exams you still need to take for the remaining admission procedure
- You pass the supplementary exam(s) and the admission test in your chosen degree programme
Details on the admission procedure can be found here.
The university entrance qualification exam and the vocational matriculation qualification are alternatives to qualify for a bachelor programme at our UAS. Both exams can be taken with out-house education providers (and not at UAS BFI Vienna).
We are looking forward to receiving your application, and would like to wish best of luck for all your exams!