Logistics and Transport Management
Logistics and Transport Management
The globalised market, rising volume of goods traffic and the steadily growing logistics industry require highly trained professionals and managers. The degree programme “Logistics and Transportation Management”, in close cooperation with international logistics companies provides students with this technical expertise. In addition to traditional topics like traffic and transport, the programme also covers supply chain management, sustainability management and risk management. As a special feature, students can develop their careers further by participating in a business simulation game.
Consumers and companies take it for granted that the right product will be available at the right time and location, and at the price and quality they expect. This is possible thanks to increasingly digitalised and international transport, warehousing and transshipment processes, which are planned and implemented by logistics professionals.
Online info sessions (in German)
Would you like to learn more about the Logistics and Transport Management degree programme and have your individual questions answered? Then register now for our online info sessions! The degree programme team will inform you about application and admission, study contents and career opportunities. The online info sessions will be held in German.
Currently, there are no online info sessions scheduled.
Graduate skills profile
Graduates of this programme have the expertise to make informed business administration-based decisions in logistics, traffic, transport and supply chain management to efficiently achieve commercial, social and environmental targets. The deployment of human resources and technology to create effective processes in companies and supply chains is central to this.
Typical positions are
- Logistics Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Transport Manager
- Sustainability Manager Logistics and Transport
- IT Specialist Logistics and Mobility
- Sales Manager Logistics and Transport
- Project Manager Logistics and Transport
- Logistics and Transport Consultant
- Research and Development Logistics and Transport
- Logistics and Transport Officer
Graduates can pursue a wide range of careers at companies providing logistics, transport and traffic services.
They can also work for industrial companies and retailers in procurement, production, distribution and waste-management logistics. Management consulting and public administration are further options and many of our graduates have launched successful start-ups, or become freelancers.
Relevant company types are
- Nationally and worldwide operating logistics companies, forwarding agencies, transport and traffic companies
- Consulting companies in information and process management
- Operational logistics in industry, trade, commerce
- Companies (incl. service providers) in logistics planning, technology, control, safety and ecology
- Transport infrastructure companies
- Companies operating digital trade, logistics and transport platforms
- Organisations for location and regional development
- National and international authorities and public institutions in the field of logistics, transport, traffic
- National and international NPOs related to the core competences of the degree programme
- Consulting companies in the field of logistics, transport, traffic
- Interest groups, administration, political decision-makers
Alignment and focus
Following focuses make this degree programme unique in the logistics and transport sector:
- Entry through courses with a specific onboarding component
- High degree of studyability even in the full-time form (e.g. 17 instead of 15 weeks per semester)
- IT knowledge and digitalisation skills (e.g. data analysis, IT applications in logistics, digital SCM systems, etc.)
- Practical relevance through in-depth practical projects - also in cooperation with companies
- Specialisation option A: 1. "Smart Logistics" or 2. "Sustainable Mobility".
- Specialisation option B: 1. "International Business in Far East" (Business/Culture/Language) or 2. "International Business in the Black Sea Region (Business/Culture/Language + Excursion!)
- Elective languages Spanish/Russian with the possibility of certification
- Sustainability as a cross-cutting issue and key trend
You can find more information in the current brochure of the degree programme (German)
Programme brochure Logistics and Transport Management
Education Contract Bachelor Download icon(pdf 137.635 KB)
General terms and conditions security deposit Download icon(pdf 110.69 KB)
Interview with Rector Andreas Breinbauer (only available in German)
Video Bachelor Logistics and Transport Management (only available in German)
Nadine Adensam in the Whatchado interview (in German)
Anja Steiner from Rail Cargo Group recommends to study at our university
Rail Cargo Group is a cooperation partner of the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna for several years due to its logistics focus.
Anja Steiner, HR Development recommends to study at our university due to her positive experience and the excellent cooperation with our students.
ECTS and course information
Course Team TrainingECTS Credits 1.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum PT CurriculumSemester 1 WS Semestericoming yes
Course Team TrainingECTS Credits 1.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum FT CurriculumSemester 1 WS Semestericoming yes
ECTS Credits 2.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum PT CurriculumSemester 1 WS Semester
ECTS Credits 2.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum FT CurriculumSemester 1 WS Semester
Course Business English 2ECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage English LanguageCurriculum PT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes
Course Business English 2ECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage English LanguageCurriculum FT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes
ECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum PT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes
ECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum FT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes
Course Corporate LawECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum PT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes
Course Corporate LawECTS Credits 3.00 ECTS CreditsLanguage German LanguageCurriculum FT CurriculumSemester 2 SS Semestericoming yes