Latest Covid-19 information
REINFORCED COVID-19 MEASURES
2.5G RULE AT UAS BFI VIENNA SITES
- As of Monday, 15 Nov 2021, the so-called “2.5G entry rule” will be introduced at all UAS BFI Vienna locations: anyone who is neither vaccinated nor recovered will then have to present a PCR test in order to enter the UAS locations and/or to participate in a face-to-face course or exam. An antigen test, on the other hand, is no longer sufficient. The university’s lecturers have been instructed to check and record students’ proof of status when completing the attendance list. Students who cannot provide proof of status will not be allowed to attend classes and must leave the site immediately. This will be treated as a breach of the house rules.
PROOF OF 2.5G STATUS
- The following can be used as proof that you are not contagious:
- 1. PCR test no older than 48 hours
- 2. Individuals who have recovered from a coronavirus infection are not obliged to take a test for 180 days from the date on which they were certified as recovered. An official confirmation of completed quarantine or a doctor's certificate will be accepted as proof of a past infection.
- 3. For persons vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine, the following regulations currently apply: Until 06/12/2021, access is also possible with initial vaccination and additional PCR test. From 06/12/2021, the Green Pass is valid for nine months after the 2nd vaccination, after that a 3rd dose is needed for a valid certificate. For Janssen vaccinated persons, the following applies from 03/01/2022: A 2nd dose is required for a valid Green Pass.
OBLIGATION TO WEAR FFP2 MASKS
- In all areas of UAS BFI Vienna wearing an FFP2 mask is compulsory.
COURSES AND EXAMS
- From November 22nd, 2021, all teaching operations will largely be switched to online teaching until further notice. You can obtain information about courses that are still held in attendance from your respective degree program.
- Examinations previously planned in on-site attendance will continue to be carried out in on-site attendance. In exceptional cases, it is possible to switch to online if this is necessary. You will receive information about this from your respective degree program.
- The lending business of the UAS library at the Wohlmutstraße location will continue to be made possible. Please note the opening times communicated on the library website as well as compliance with the 2.5G entry rule. It is still permitted to stay in the library for reading and learning purposes.
- Visit the library website for further information and details of opening hours: https://www.fh-vie.ac.at/en/pages/library
These rules for hygiene and conduct apply subject to future amendments by official requirements or by order of university management.
TESTING AND VACCINATION POINTS CLOSE TO UAS BFI VIENNA SITES
Tests are available from Monday to Sunday between 8am and 6pm.
Landstrasser Hauptstrasse 171 (corner Schlachthausgasse)
Tests are available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays 8am and 12 noon.
Covid-19 Measures for students
The Corona traffic light status of the UAS of BFI Vienna is on Orange. Therefore, the following stricter measures and restrictions will apply until further notice:
Corona traffic light status for the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna
*UAS BFI Vienna reserves the right to decide on measures that deviate from this general overview if they are necessary due to official requirements or for other important reasons. Any deviations will be communicated via the Covid-19 info page.