Banking and Finance
Banking and Finance
Risk management, banking and corporate finance are among the core businesses of the banking and finance industry. The focus of the bachelor degree programme “Banking and Finance” is to grasp, both practically and theoretically, the complex relationships in the sector and the derivations thereof.
The programme further entails extensive knowledge of the insurance industry. This combination could be the foundation stone of a career set in the banking and finance sector.
Online info sessions
Would you like to learn more about the Banking and Finance degree programme and have your individual questions answered? Then register now for our online info sessions! The degree programme team will inform you about application and admission, study contents and career opportunities.
- Mon, 13/02/2023, 2 pm - 3 pm
- Tue, 28/02/2023, 6 pm - 7 pm
- Thu, 30/03/2023, 6 pm - 7 pm
- Wed, 12/04/2023, 6 pm - 7 pm
You can spontaneously join our online info sessions without registering. Just click on the link below:
International student virtual Q&A sessions
Your opportunity to ask questions around visa, housing, and living in Vienna.
No registration necessary - just click on the links below and join directly. We look forward to seeing you!
- Thu, 30/03/2023 – 6 pm – 7 pm CET - Click here to join the meeting
- Thu, 20/04/2023 – 5 pm – 6 pm CET - Click here to join the meeting
Graduates of this programme can
- identify and analyse the various operations of banks and insurance companies
- apply concepts and methods in consumer banking, risk management, mathematics and corporate finance
- distinguish between and evaluate insurance products
- put insurance controlling methods into practice
- analyse and propose solutions for questions related to finance (e.g. portfolio selection, fixed-income securities and options) and corporate finance (company finance and valuation)
- combine intercultural management skills and occupation-specific English abilities in order to work effectively in an international environment
- Customer relationship manager
- Asset manager
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Auditor or tax consultant
You can find more information in the current brochure of the degree programme
Brochure Banking and Finance Download icon(pdf 16.942 MB)
Curriculum Bachelor Banking and Finance Download icon(pdf 61.404 KB)
Guide Bachelor Application and Admission Download icon(pdf 1.113 MB)
Preparation material Bachelor programmes Download icon(pdf 5.435 MB)
Education Contract Bachelor Download icon(pdf 137.635 KB)
General terms and conditions security deposit Download icon(pdf 110.69 KB)
Interview with director degree programme Gernot Kreiger
ECTS and course information
Unfortunately there are no results matching your search.
Legend: FT = Full Time, PT = Part Time, SS = Summer Semester, WS = Winter Semester