The information on this page is only relevant to student exchange with partner institutions. If you are interested in studying at UAS BFI Vienna as a regular student, please read the information we provide for international degree seeking students on our website.
We currently have cooperation agreements and double degree programmes with more than 80 partner universities around the world, which provides an excellent framework for student mobility.
Stays of one and two semesters are possible, depending on the agreement with the relevant home institution.
Admission requirements for incoming exchange students
- Undergraduate student: at least one year of studies completed at home institution
- Graduate students: at least one semester of studies completed at home institution
- Good command of English and/or German (minimum level CEFR B2)
- Officially nominated by one of our partner institutions
- Completed our application process within the deadline
Step 1 - Nomination
We only accept students who have been officially nominated by one of our partner institutions.
Most students have to apply for participation at a study exchange at their home institution. Once the selection process at the home institution is finished, we receive the nominations directly from our partners.
The nomination deadlines are:
- 1 May for the winter semester (September-February)
- 1 November for the summer semester (February-July)
Nominated students receive a confirmation e-mail with information about the further application process.
Step 2 - Online Registration
Applications have to be made via our online application platform, called Mobility Online.
Nominated students receive a personalised registration link to access their account in Mobility Online. After successful registration, an automated confirmation is sent and the application details can be filled in.
Tip: Our Mobility OnlineManual guides through all the steps in the application process.
Our registration deadlines are:
- 15 May for the winter semester
- 15 November for the summer semester
Step 3 - Application details and documents
The following application documents have to be provided
- Transcripts of records + list of courses from current semester
- Passport/ID Card
- Proof of health insurance for Austria (e.g. European Health Insurance Card)
- Photo (jpg) for student identity card
- Those students who want to take courses that are taught in German, have to provide a statement confirming their German language proficiency (minimum level of B2 based on the CEFR)
In addition to the documents above, double degree students also need to provide the following:
- Secondary school leaving certificate – i.e. certificate/s for the school qualification which enables you to enter a university in your country
- Graduate students also need to provide a scanned copy of their undergraduate university degree certificate (e.g. bachelor degree certificate)
The deadlines for completing the application details and uploading all documents are:
- 25 May for the winter semester
- 25 November for the summer semester
Step 4 - Letter of Acceptance
Those students who have completed the online application and have provided all the necessary documents, receive a digital copy of their Letter of Acceptance shortly after the end of the application period.
Info: If you need the original copy of the Letter of Acceptance and/or require the document earlier, e.g. for a visa application, please contact our incoming coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 5 - Course Selection
Descriptions of all courses can be found in our online course catalogue.
Courses can be filtered by degree programme (including the International Programme) or you can search for “courses open for incomings”.
- Winter semester: courses from the 1st, 3rd and 5thsemesters can be selected
- Summer semester: courses from the 2nd, 4th and 6th semesters can be selected
- Courses from the International Programme are offered in both semesters
A normal semester workload amounts to 30 ECTS. We accept learning agreements with a minimum of 20 ECTS, and no more than 35 ECTS.
Double degree students have to select courses based on the agreement between their home institution and UAS BFI Vienna.
To select and sign up for courses you have to log into the Mobility Online platform. See the Mobility Online Manual for detailed instructions about how to proceed.
Course selection on Mobility Online is available from
- early June for the winter semester (September-February)
- early December for the summer semester (February-July)
Once all courses have been selected in Mobility Online, the Learning Agreement (LA) has to be generated.
The document can be automatically generated and downloaded from Mobility Online. The course selection then has to be approved by the student's home institution and the learning agreement has to be signed by the relevant staff (e.g. international coordinator) and the student.
The signed learning agreement has to be uploaded onto Mobility Online by the following deadlines:
- June 30 for the winter semester (September-February)
- December 31 for the summer semester (February-July)
The learning agreement will be checked by our incoming coordinator before the semester start. Should changes be necessary, the student will be contacted by e-mail, otherwise the approved learning agreement is uploaded onto Mobility Online.
Anne Schitter, M.A.
Coordinator of Incoming Student Mobility
Tel.: +43/1/720 12 86 - 81
Tue, 12:00 - 14:00
Wed, 10:00 - 13:00
Individual appointments outside the office hours by e-mail