Banking and Finance
Banking and Finance
News: Online info sessions on the degree programmes are now available. Register today and learn everything about your desired degree programme, the admission procedure, the University of Applied Sciences and much more. Get to know the study programme coordinators and ask your individual questions.
Risk management, banking and corporate finance are among the core businesses of the banking and finance industry. The focus of the bachelor degree programme “Banking and Finance” is to grasp, both practically and theoretically, the complex relationships in the sector and the derivations thereof.
The programme further entails extensive knowledge of the insurance industry. This combination could be the foundation stone of a career set in the banking and finance sector.
Graduates of this programme can
- identify and analyse the various operations of banks and insurance companies
- apply concepts and methods in consumer banking, risk management, mathematics and corporate finance
- distinguish between and evaluate insurance products
- put insurance controlling methods into practice
- analyse and propose solutions for questions related to finance (e.g. portfolio selection, fixed-income securities and options) and corporate finance (company finance and valuation)
- combine intercultural management skills and occupation-specific English abilities in order to work effectively in an international environment
- Customer relationship manager
- Asset manager
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Auditor or tax consultant
Martina Davis, coordinator of the bachelor programme banking and finance
- Martina Davis
- +43 1 720 12 86-31
Information about the programme
Knowledge | Future | Career: Bachelor degree programme Banking and Finance
Gernot Kreiger introduces his degree programme and answers the following questions:
- What makes your programme special?
- Which possibilities do I have after finishing the programme?
- What are the admission requirements?
- How can I prepare myself for the admission procedure?