International Master Week Vienna
Educating for Global Competence
Every February, the Master Week network organises the International Master Week, which focuses on two subject areas:
- Emerging Markets and Sustainability
- Managing International Projects
The event location changes each year. It was initially held in Vienna between 2013 and 2016, then took place in Katowice in 2017 and 2019, and in Brühl in 2018.
It is UAS BFI Vienna’s turn to host the International Master Week in 2020.
The framework for the programme is outlined below:
- Students prepare for the event at home.
- During the IW, which runs from Monday to Friday, the participants work together in international groups to solve problems and then present their results.
- After returning home, the participants complete the project with a follow-up phase.
- Participants will only receive confirmation of attendance if they complete all of these elements.
- Short stay during the academic year
- International experience
- Workload transfer
- Enhancing foreign language proficiency
- Acquiring intercultural skills