International Bachelor HR Week Vienna
International Bachelor HR Week Vienna
The University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna also organises a human resource-related international week on behalf of the International HUMINT Week network. We are delighted to have secured "MyAbility" as a partner in 2023. This partnership will form the basis for an exciting and informative project for both international and UAS BFI students.
Date: 07 - 12 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply as an international student?
- the partner university nominates the student by sending the name and the e-mail address to email@example.com
- online registration (student)
- print and sign the registration form
- upload the registration form to the mobility online platform or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply as a student of the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna?
- Application via our Mobility Online applications platform, specifying 3-4 preferred destinations.
- Transfer of a deposit to the university’s bank account (the deposit will be refunded if your application is rejected, but not if you withdraw your application)
- Approval of the application by the respective degree programme director
- Allocation to a respective IW location
- Payment of the fee (less the deposit) into the university’s bank account
- Registration with the partner institution
How much does it costs to participate?
- FH students: EUR 75
- Partner students: EUR 240
- Travel expenses, other personal costs and other activities, drinks and food outside the programme are to be paid by the participants themselves.
What does the participation fee include?
- Bed and breakfast in the youth hotel for 5 nights
- Cold beverages at the UAS
- One Austrian buffet at the UAS
- Sandwiches and fruits for lunch breaks
- Local transports from Monday to Monday morning
- A professional guided walk in the historic centre of Vienna
Where will I stay overnight?
- You will stay in a double room at the IBIS Budget Wien Messe including breakfast.
- The rooms in the hotel will be available on the arrival day from 14:00 on. On the day of departure the rooms have to be vacated until 12:00 a.m.
How does the arrival from the airport take place?
Option 1: City Airport Train (CAT)
- It takes just 16 minutes nonstop to get from central Vienna to the airport and vice versa.
- The City Airport Train operates daily from 05:36 to 23:36. The City Air Terminal is at the station “Wien Mitte” in the centre of Vienna. It can be reached easily by tram, underground, bus or taxi. The table below gives an overview of the timetable.
Option 2: Schnellbahn (S-Bahn)
- The Schnellbahn (S-Bahn) is a low-priced way of getting from Vienna to the airport and back.
Option 3: The Vienna Airport Lines (Postbus) connects Vienna Airport with the main Vienna transport hubs.
- Line VAL1: Westbahnhof and Vienna Central Station to Vienna Airport
- Linie VAL3: from Vienna Donauzentrum to Vienna Airport
- Linie VAL2: Operations on the line VAL 2 (Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz - Vienna Airport) are suspended until further notice.
Option 4: Taxi
- Check if you can order online in advance, this will reduce the costs (approx. € 40.00 for one way)
How can I get to Vienna by car (Google Maps) or bus?
- As tolls are compulsory on all motorways and expressways in Austria, you will also need a road tax disc (Vignette) to use Vienna's city motorways.
- The 2nd district, in which the University of Applied Sciences BFI is situated is such a short-stay parking zone. Be aware that there are fees for parking in these areas and also high towing costs.
How do I get to Vienna there by train?
- You can find your train to Vienna quickly in the electronic timetable of ÖBB or contact the customer service of the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) on tel. 05-1717, from outside Austria dial +43-5-17 17.
Brochure International Week Human Resources Download icon(pdf 1.823 MB)
International Coordinator, Staff Mobility, International Weeks
+43 1 720 12 86-280