Private Business Law I
Fundamentals of legal theory (concept of law, structure of the legal system, methodology, legal protection, overview of private law, delimitation to public law); regulatory principles of the “ABGB (The Austrian Civil Code)” and the “KSchG (Consumers Protection Act)” with focus on the general law of obligations (contract law) and fault-based liability.
European Economy and Business Management (English)
Language of instruction
After successful completion of this course, students can
· explain the acquisition of ownership, contract formation and compensation for damages (2),
· argue legally in the field of private business law, both orally and in writing (3),
· interpret statutes and contracts (3),
· analyse and solve practical cases of private business law, in particular with regard to the acquisition of ownership, contract formation and compensation for damages (4),
· contrast principles of private law and public law (4).