Describe premises, trends, and developments
List advantages and disadvantages, describe leisure activities
Extending and deepening basic vocabulary
French in the working environment
Preparing and organising company events, reporting on a
business trip, write simple minutes of a meeting.
Language focus (including grammar)
Future and past negated verbs, irregular verbs, object pronouns
Office equipment; phrases and vocabulary for meetings, timetable, and diary
Mode of delivery
face to face
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources/tools
- Dubois, Anne-Lyse, Tauzin, Béatrice : Objectif Express 1, le monde professionnel en français A1/A2 nouvelle édition / livre de l’élève, Hachette, 2013, Einheit 9 + Dossiers
- Dubois, Anne-Lyse, Tauzin, Béatrice : Objectif Express 1, le monde professionnel en français A1/A2 nouvelle édition / cahier d’activités, Hachette 2013, Einheit 9
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Individual and group work; blended learning (Open Educational Resources in Moodle, online exercises, online quizzes, etc.); creation of videos.
Assessment methods and criteria
- Internationally recognised language certificate
- French: total score of maximum 100 points
o Minimum number of points for passing the exam: 50 /100
o Minimum number of points per exam: 5 / 25
- Russian: At least 65% of each of the 5 parts (vocabulary and grammar, reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written production, oral part) must be passed.
- Spanish: The DELE exam is passed if 60% of the maximum score is achieved in each of the two parts (the 1st part is oral production and oral interaction plus listening comprehension and the 2nd part is written production and interaction plus reading comprehension). If the candidate fails only one part of the examination, the whole examination must be repeated.
- Internal exam: oral part 40% (oral production and interaction 20 points, oral reception 20 points), written part 60% (reading comprehension 30 points, written production and interaction 30 points).
See more details in the Curriculum Matrix for Elective Languages.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Successful completion of semester 3