Latest Covid-19 information
Covid-19 Measures for students
The Corona traffic light status of the UAS of BFI Vienna is on ORANGE. Therefore, the following stricter measures and restrictions will apply until further notice:
REINFORCED COVID-19 MEASURES
COURSES AND EXAMS
- All teaching and examination will be switched to ONLINE. Basically, no on-site teaching or on-site exams will take place at the UAS BFI Vienna. Please note the following possible exceptions below, however. We will make every effort to offer on-site solutions for the bachelor and master exams. However, the following applies in this context: Changes to the mode of final exams will be communicated at least 14 days in advance of the respective exam date. Otherwise, the exams will remain online. The UAS BFI Vienna has decided that from 17 May 2021 onwards, all persons attending a face-to-face event at the UAS BFI Vienna will have to provide proof of their non-infectious status. Persons who cannot provide this proof will not be able to participate in the on-site event. What counts as proof of non-infectious status:
- 1. a PCR test which is not older than 48 hours, or
- 2. an antigen test which is not older than 24 hours.
- 3. The following applies to recovered persons: They are exempt from compulsory testing for 180 days after the end of the infection. Evidence includes, for example, a notification of isolation or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology. Evidence of neutralising antibodies counts for 90 days from the date of testing.
- 4. For people who have been vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine, the following regulations currently apply: The second vaccination counts for a maximum of 270 days from the date of the second vaccination. Vaccines where only one vaccination is scheduled (e.g., from Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after vaccination for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination. For already recovered persons who have been vaccinated once so far, the vaccination is valid for 270 days from the date of vaccination.
- UAS locations can only be entered by prior appointment and only when following the current hygiene measures, to make use of e.g. photocopying or printing facilities.
LIBRARY ON ORANGE
- The library also changes its traffic light status to ORANGE. Borrowing books will continue to be possible, while staying in the reading area will not be permitted. For further details, please go to the library website.: www.fh-vie.ac.at/de/seite/bibliothek
These rules for hygiene and conduct apply subject to future amendments by official requirements or by order of university management.
Corona traffic light status for the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna
*UAS BFI Vienna reserves the right to decide on measures that deviate from this general overview if they are necessary due to official requirements or for other important reasons. Any deviations will be communicated via the Covid-19 info page.